Theare are a many different types of sport that have gained the popularity during the centuries, like football, soccer, boxing, tennis, hockey and others. Also a lot sports lovers know about сricket that accounts many fans from all the world.
Cricket was originated in the 16th century in the south of England. By the end of the 18th century, the game became one of the national sports. The expansion of the British Empire contributed to the spread of the game around the world. The first test matches between the teams were held in the middle of the XIX century.
Cricket match involves the competition of two teams, each of them is represented by eleven athletes. The game takes place on an elliptical grass field. In the center of the field is a rectangular earthen ground – pitch. The pitch is 22 yards or a little over 20 meters, and the width is 10 feet or 3 meters. At the ends of the pitch are wooden gates. Game zones at the ends of the pitch are separated from its main space by special bands, crises.
Then, this is clear that cricket is a world spread kind of sport and every year the amount of people, who love watching cricket, increase significantly. Nowadays many betting web-sites suggest their customers various types of bets on cricket.
Cricket betting is a multi-billion dollar business in Asia, Australia and surrounding countries, in Britain also. The largest markets are high-profile test matches between teams, as well as T20 games in the Indian Premier League. About 70 percent of cricket bets are in live format.
Mostly these days we can distinguish three cricket formats: first level cricket, one-day matches and T20 (“twenty”). At the first level, meetings can continue 3, 4 or 5 days, in this format test matches are held between national teams and national championships. This is the slowest form of cricket, where matches are often played in a tough tactical fight.
The fastest and most spectacular type of match is the T20, where matches do continue for a long time. The Twenty is gradually gaining more and more popularity in the world, here, to complete the match, they spend only two innings (one for each team’s attack), and the average duration of the meeting is three and a half hours.
One-day matches (One Day International, or simply ODI) are the golden mean. In these meetings, teams try to identify the winner within one day, and the game as a whole is limited to 40 or 50 overs.
Types of cricket betting
- Match Betting. This kind of betting is the most well-known. The only task is to bet on the future winner of the fight. There is a draw in first-level cricket, so the odds on the outcome in test matches are three-way. A draw is not as often as in football, but still its probability is relatively high and comparable to hockey. In the one-day format and the “twenty”, bookmakers offer two-way outcomes without the possibility of a draw.
- Double chance. The same thing as betting on the winner, only in a double chance you can summarize two outcomes for a lower coefficient – for example, that there will be no draw or that one of the teams will not lose at least.
- Handicap. Here you can make a prediction on what advantage the team will win or more than any handicap will not concede to the opponent. For example, in test matches between strong teams, zero handicap is very popular.
- Totals. Bet on the number of runs per match or for a single segment – after 5, 10, 15 overs and so on. It can be both general totals, and individual, for each team.
- Player stats. Top-level cricket lines usually have enough offers for personal achievements of the players. There are a wide variety of indicators: the number of runs or 6-point hits, various titles based on the results of the match – the best batsman or the best player of the meeting.
- Match statistics. Cricket is rich in various statistical indicators and secondary events. It will not be difficult to find quotes for the number of run-outs or the best result of the first partnership in the lines for big matches. Also, many offices offer to put on how the first gate will be destroyed.
- On the first innings. A fairly popular betting market in long test matches, because in order to find out the result of the first innings, you do not have to wait a few days. In the line to the first innings you can usually find all the bet types indicated above.
- Draw. The most primitive prediction that can be made by bookmakers at all major matches. The chances of guessing the attacker of the first team are 50/50.
Cricket betting conditions
The best cricket predictors have a real scent for valuable odds, mainly due to the formation of their unique betting strategy. There are several approaches to analyzing a match, regardless of the format of the match. There are 5 main factors to consider when choosing a cricket bet.
Draw results. In cricket, the turn of an attack is determined by simply tossing a coin. This procedure actually has a big impact on the outcome of the meeting.
The team attacking the first in a test match often gets an advantage, as it does the first attack on a fresh field with a new ball.
For a batsman, for example, it’s easier to hit the ball after bouncing off a flat, worn field. Therefore, the first attacking team has more opportunities for a jerk and getting the initiative in the game. This is one of the reasons why some professionals in cricket betting like to play it live, waiting for the results of the starting draw and thereby excluding one of the uncontrollable factors.
Weather. It is difficult to name a sport more dependent on external conditions than cricket. The weather can have a big impact on the test match, especially on its duration (they don’t play cricket in the rain), so the bettor must be aware of the weather forecast before betting on cricket.
If rain is promised, the importance of the draw results increases significantly in conditions of reduced playing time. In England, during a 5-day test match, you are more likely to encounter rain, in which case you should already think carefully about how much game time will be lost.
In some countries, the sun sets earlier than in others, and there are not many opportunities to make up for playing time (test matches are played only in natural light). Somewhere in Sri Lanka, daylight hours may simply not be enough to play out a few hours lost due to rain, while in England the sun sets late, and at eight o’clock in the evening the teams may well still be on the field.
Field factor. In different places and at different stadiums, the cover of the pitch, where the main action takes place, can be different – from the ground surface to a very short and longer lawn, and the coverage can change in one stadium from season to season depending on the departure.
However, trends still exist, and, for example, in Cape Town or in Adelaide, slow pitches prevail, where the ball accelerates less after hitting the ground, and it is easier for a batsman to make a decent hit. In some cities, like Australian Perth, coverage is more “quick”, and there are already power bowlers in all its glory, and the work of the attack is difficult.
You also need to pay attention to cities and stadiums with traditionally high/low humidity or relatively high mountain arenas – with low humidity and rarefied mountain air, the ball flies faster on average, so it’s easier to make a valuable 6-point strike outside the field. Dry bowls are also loved by bowlers, playing thanks to torsion of the ball.
Some pitches tend to wear out faster over the course of several days of a test match. In conditions of an imperfectly even pitch, a bowler gets an advantage, and it is more difficult for a batsman to repel a hit due to a more unpredictable rebound.
It’s a normal situation when in the first three innings 400 points are accumulated in each, and in the fourth the number drops to 150. Therefore, betting on “total less” in late innings can be profitable, because the line does not always adapt perfectly to changing conditions of the game.
Like football, there are teams in cricket that achieve high results precisely on the home arena. The leadership of these clubs or national teams is particularly successful in preparing the pitch and forming a squad ideally suited to the conditions of the home stadium, where the players’ strengths are better manifested and weaknesses fade into the background.
Condition of teams and players. In no case we should miss the factor of the current conditions the teams approach a particular match. If in a big series the home team wins the first match, then it often destroys the next rivals, and the guests get into the black line of failures at an unusual away pitch.
In betting on the statistics of individual players, the athlete’s predisposition to the current conditions of the game, his past condition on a certain type of pitch, can be of decisive importance. Also, a good batsman can show a star level not only at his favorite pitch, but also if such coverage is extremely inconvenient for the opposing team. We must try to summarize all the factors and remember that two teams enter the field, each with its own characteristics of an attacking and defensive game.
The longer match the richer is live line. First level cricket matches continue for several days, which is why bets in the course of meetings become especially valuable. This is one of the few sports where a large share of professionals prefers to bet on live.
Where to bet
- BetWay Sports – the interface looks simple and rather siuts for the beginners. This betting company works so long, they are safe and millions of people bet on this web-site. A good choice, if you just want to begin your betting career.
- 22Bet – they have a pleasant welcome bonus (100% to your first payment), and a wide line to bet on cricket. The interface is also fairly simple, but if you have any difficulties, you may rapidly receive an answer from the web-site support. Also this is worth noting that this site has a good compatibility with all the devices.
- Spin Sports is a well-known betting company that supports various types of sport. This is really useful to bet on their web-site, since it is easy to use and packed with different bets, not cricket only.
The listed factors – weather, wear of the ball and field, the results of the draw and others – strongly affect the events of the match, and the player who attentively watche the meeting for all days are able to get an advantage over the line due to better information. Unexpected moments and sudden turns in cricket often do not come as a surprise to experienced bettors.
One of the most popular live strategies is to watch when the ball changes. To do this, you need to carefully monitor the overs – after 80 overs a new shell appears on the field. A fresh ball has tight joints and is able to cover longer distances after contact with a bat.
However, an advantage in this situation can be gained not only by an attack, but also by a bowler, which relies instead of direct feeds on twisted ones. Tight seams allow the new ball to change its trajectory sharply with twisted innings, and this can be a problem for the batter.