(CNN) — Quarterback Andrew Luck, the first pick from the 2012 NFL draft along with a four-time Pro Bowl selection, declared on Saturday night he’s retiring.
“This isn’t an easy choice,” the Indianapolis Colts participant told reporters. “For the previous four decades or so I have been in this cycle of injury, pain, rehab, injury, pain, rehabilitation. And it’s been unceasing and unrelenting… and the only real way I see is to no longer play soccer.”
Injuries had kept Luck, 29. He had been on the Colts’ sideline Saturday during a game against the Chicago Bears in street clothes. Luck was booed as he left the field, quite a few videos.
Luck said that the pain has taken away his joy and he has not been able to live the life that he wishes to live. He and with the 2016 season performed with in pain, he made a vow he wouldn’t go down that road, and explained.
He also missed the 2017 season because he was recovering from shoulder surgery, in accordance with the Colts website. When he returned for the 2018 season, he had a 98.7percent passer rating, 39 touchdowns and was chosen for the 2018 Pro Bowl. As a result of his return to the gridiron, Luck had been awarded the AP Comeback Player of the Year season.
However he said Saturday that because he could not put his heart to the match; he would have been selling himself and his teammates brief.
He said he told his teammates before that he retired.
Luck signed a $122 million deal in 2016, based on spotrac.com. He’d have made an average salary of $9.125 million in 2019 along with a roll up bonus.
The Colts start the season September 8 in Los Angeles against the Chargers.

Leave a Reply